Mageia Weekly News 2010 week 42From Monday 18th october 2010 till Sunday 24th 2010
Events, achievements, planned actions
- installation of servers effective at Ielo on friday 22 (yep that 22/10/10 and 22 + 10 + 10 = 42, AND IT WAS CAPS LOCK DAY TOO /O\), see http://blog.mageia.org/?p=122 BTW, the ML for sysadm is public :)
- logo contest, objective announced on the 28th october, coming week (tentative date on the 6th november?)
- several policies have been published and are being discussed
- see meetings notes and current week meeting for hot topics
- summary of -discuss (main threads)
- logo discussion, see artguide
- summary of -dev
- repository structure
- donation on the road to 7000 € see http://donation.mageia.org/ 6914,32 € - next step : 8888,88 € :-) Thanks to all!
What should be the context and content provided to Weekly News?
Those involvedAnyone interested in reporting a global view of activity for Mageia can contribute (ideally with links to interesting threads identified).
Have in mind that this is a weekly news, not a status report, though it should give any newcomer a sense of what's happening and see how to get involved in the project (see below). To scale correctly, the weekly news could have several teams synthetize their activity (even if not every week, each team having to find their own timing)
What to doMain objective is to provide global information that can be used:
- by those that follow the ML from time to time
- by the board to identify subjects they may have overlooked or push an agenda for coming things (can be on several weeks)
- by communication team to synthetize a monthly activity in a magazine, this one translated in many languages?
- by local teams to communicate about events interesting other local communities? For FOSDEM, LSM/RMLL, Guadec... others?
- use an adapted MoSCoW Method, I'm not sure it's relevant for news :)
- as an addition to http://blog.mageia.org implying user's involvement providing a community vision and priorities (a wiki should be the preferred form imho to permit anyone involvement even when not part of an identified team)
- show how to be involved in weekly news, involve several teams, I'm not sure translations are needed for example? (would be on a voluntaries basis IMHO, better focus on monthly issues of a magazine to publish status
- provide links to other information links :
- have in mind newcomers and provide links for quick reference to get involved and other communications available for a more global status, for the moment being http://mageia.org gives it all IMHO (irc, ML, blog, wiki to join the project)